Tuesday, October 13, 2009

1st yr @ JSS




Ya.. I know its a bit late for me to write 'bout my first year days. Yet its better to be late than never. So, here I m to rekindle my memories of first year. Here I start with my "BLAH BLAH".. ;)

After a long, tiring era of 19 years in school and coaching I entered a beautiful world of JSS. I dreamt of some better colleges previously but.. fate is fate. Many of my seniors suggested to take a flat with friends yet I decided to take the hostel. "Kaun saala flat ke pachde me pade yaar". :D

It has always been a case with me that I m never deprived of friends. JSS Boys Hostel was no exception. As I entered the hostel I formed a group of eight friends (later called GINGER). We walked anywhere and everywhere together. The only thing we feared the most were our seniors. My first confrontation with ragging came just a few days after. It was just a verbal one which took a vigorous u-turn when the seniors took me and my friends to a barbers' shop and trimmed our heads with a size '0' machine. Mind you, size '0' waist may look awesome on a gal but size '0' hairstyle can make a guy jump into a deep well. :(
Nevertheless, getting "Find of the Tournament" in the Hostel Table-Tennis Competition worked as a pain-killer but a 'full-of-pleasure' Hostel-Night, was even better. Rain dance till 2:30 a.m. was a thing to remember. I never knew before that day that even I can behave like a junglee. Shouting at top of our voice we made it our day.

As the time passed, ragging lost its intensity and my so called 'Bhasadi' group started its expeditions. Hell a lot of parties, hell a lot of night outs, hell a lot of sight seeing, hell a lot of fights. We did them all. Sleeping at 2 in the night before gulping a paratha at HCL was our normal routine.

Sems were approaching and so were our seniors. I still remember, it was 18th november 2007, when me and my roomy wrote all through the day just to complete our and our seniors' assignments. Phew.!! the 'hectiest' day till date.
Sems ended with nice decent score. The next sem started with the commencement of days of love. I don't no why but just few days before the Valentines day numerous fights break between guys. Same happened with me. I would not discuss the whole incident in detail but the only thing I can do is hats off to the level of committment guy and gal share. They are still together. I was all alone on 14th feb.. no gal to flirt with :p.. khair I had my 'bhasadi' group with me.. :D

I and my friend Prateek went for a sports meet.. lost in TT.. as usual. The very next day we had so much of enthu that we called one of our seniors to teach us 'top spin'. Prateek started calling me world number 2 and I called him world number 1. After few days we became so exhausted that we came back to our tapori world. World number 2 lakh and world number 2 lakh 1.
I was the first one among friends to have a lappy. Regular movie shows started at 10:30 p.m. ;)

1st year ended leaving behind its sweet memories. The birthday parties, the jaundice attack, first trip to red fort, Akshardham, HCL ke parathe, "pandey ki....", sutta song at night and the list goes on and on and on. . .

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment